Event Schedule (Tentative)
- 1. Michael Covel / Trader, Author - Trend Following, Trend Commandments, and The Complete TurtleTrader
- Selecting your Tracking Portfolio.
- Entering your Trades at the right time.
- Exiting your Trades with a loss.
- Exiting your Trades with a profit.
- How much money to bet on each trade.
- The Mindset to tie it all together.
- 1. Amit Gulecha / CA. & Independent Trader
- 2. Asit Baran Pati / System-Based F&O Trader and Trainer
- 3. Kirubakaran Rajendran - Moderator / Founder Squareoff.in
- 4. Dr. Prashant Mullick / Co-founder of MOVERS - A Quantitative Directional Trading System
- 5. Pushpak Dagade / Co-Founder & CEO at AlgoBulls
- 6. Vishal Mehta / Chartered Market Technician
- What type of trading is better Discretionary or Nondiscretionary?
- Can long term investing be done in a Nondiscretionary manner or Discretionary is the only way?
- Fundamental Analysis can only be done in a Discretionary fashion?
- Do Non-Discretionary Systems really remove emotion?
- Do you think Discretionary Traders need a higher psychological edge and the results may be Multi-fold?
- 1. Prodipta Ghosh / Vice President, QuantInsti
- Trading strategy development workflow
- Evaluating trading strategies - dos and don'ts
- Meta strategies - balancing exploitation vs exploration
- 1. Robert Carver / Independent Systematic Futures Trader, Writer and Research Consultant
- The purpose of a Stop Loss
- Different kinds of Stop Loss
- Factors to consider when setting a Stop
- Interaction between Stop Loss setting and Trading Speed
- Factors determining correct Position Size
- The Maths of Position Scaling
- 1. Sonam Srivastav / Founder - Wright Research
- We evaluate the use of Machine Learning models for optimisation of a portfolio of broad market indices and compare it with traditional models
- We understand the advantages and disadvantage of using Machine Learning models
- We look at various Machine Learning techniques - supervised learning, reinforcement learning & evaluate the efficacy
- We see how we can evaluate the robustness of a ML model for portfolio construction
- 1. Christina Qi / CEO of Databento and Founding Partner of Domeyard LP
Applying what you've Learned - Why start a Business Today?
Hedge Funds vs. Prop. Shops
Fundraising - How to attract the right Investors into your Fund
Your Pitch - What do Investors look for?
Hiring - full time vs. outsourced, Mistakes we made
Strategy Selection and Development + Mistakes
Data Selection + Mistakes
Service Provider Selection + Mistakes
What we did right
Some Hedge Fund horror stories for your entertainment
- 1. Alok Dharia / Founder NAV Finstrat and Quantitative Algo Trader
- 2. Alok Jain / SEBI Registered Investment Advisor and founder of “weekendinvesting.com”
- 3. Anil Ghelani, CFA / Head of Passive Investments & Products DSP Investment Managers
- 4. Devang Jhaveri / Co Founder Dravyaniti Consulting LLP
- 5. Jay Shah / Founder, One Tree Hill Wealth Partners and PMSkart.com
- 6. Lakshmi Iyer / President and Chief Investment Officer (Debt) & Head Products Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co.
- 7. Nikhil Kamath / Co-Founder Zerodha and True Beacon
- 8. Rakesh Pujara / Founder & Managing Partner - Compounding Wealth Advisors LLP
- Is it possible to improve risk-adjusted returns of a portfolio by applying Quantitative Asset allocation tactics, I yes then How?
- Does the same model and parameter work for every asset class or they have to be different for all?
- Can we describe some simple rules?
- Which will be the asset classes you would have in your model and why?
- What options are available for Indian Investors and what should be the expected returns and risks of these models?
- 1. Sourabh Sisodiya CFA / Co-Founder & Head of Investment Strategy Quantify Capital
- Why risk management is the only holy grail in trading ?
- Psychological Biases that hinder trading performance
- Types of risks in trading, real examples and how to mitigate them ?
- How to stress test to check robustness of a trading system ?
- How to position size correctly to avoid risk of ruin ?
- 1. Perry J Kaufman / Systematic Trader and Quantitative Financial Theorist
- Which strategies work? Markets that are not open to the public often have better trends.
- Don’t get complicated. Limit yourself to these features: Trend and Volatility.
- Daily vs intraday? Monthly? Bigger equity swings.
- Learn to embrace risk. You cannot eliminate the risk.
- How do you decide how much you should trade for every $10,000 investment?
- How much diversification is necessary?
- Not all stocks trend. You can tell by back-testing.
- Selecting stocks for your portfolio: the ones that work best.
- 1. Jerry Parker / The Turtle Trader, CEO Chesapeake Capital Corporation
- 2. Sovit Manjani CMT / Co-Founder Dravyaniti Consulting L.L.P.
- How did you start your trading journey as a Turtle Trader?
- You have worked with Market Wizards like Richard Dennis and William Eckhardt. How is the mindset of these people?
- What were the Original Turtle trading rules, Do they still work?
- What improvisations you did to the original rules.
- What is the meaning of diversification in your eyes?
- Trend Following is the game of riding outliers. How do we manage volatility in Trend Following Breakout Strategies?
- How to select a timeframe for a Strategy?
- 1. Aseem Singhal / Co-Founder and Fund Manager of Rain Fund
- How to make un-correlated trading strategies?
- Using Martingale and Compounding together to keep losses small and winners big.
- Being both an option buyer and an option seller. Idea is to be profitable and not be pigeon-holed into a stereotype.
- 1. Shamant Hegde / Independent Algorithmic Trader and Healthcare Data Science Expert
- Common Backtesting pitfalls
- Real Execution results vs Backtested results
- Why it's best not to trust great Backtests
- ML in trading and why most academic ML for trading is useless
- The best way for a retail trader or a small/medium size prop shop to use ML in trading
- 1. Subhadip Nandy / Founder, Quantgym Solutions
- Understanding Volatility regime shifts
- Differentiate between trending and non-trending zones
- Find volatility based support & resistances in the markets
- 1. Vihan Singh / Founder, Blackrose Technologies
Learn about a simple yet powerful statistical technique based on randomness and how you can use it to:
- Test the strength of your trading signals and avoid overfitting
- Determine the optimal stock combination and weights for your portfolio
- Know the reality of your backtest and prevent blow-ups by managing risk effectively
- Price instruments with complex outcomes like barrier options
- 1. Piyush Chaudhry / Founder - Wave Analytics
- How to Execute your Trading System Signals to your Broker's Terminal, The Challenges, and Precautions
- The When, Why and How of Scaling-In and Scaling-Out
- How to handle Large Quantities orders while Entering and Exiting a Trade
- The significance of Impact Cost Estimation. The Hero to Zero Myth